Grant & Loan Opportunities, Event updates & Important Webinar programs
- The Northfield Downtown Development Corporation is pleased to offer another round of Business Support Funds thanks to a generous donation from Wings Financial Credit Union. Downtown businesses can apply to receive up to $1,000 for projects and investments that will enhance their operations during the current pandemic. The funds are ultimately limited, but all eligible businesses are encouraged to apply. Click here to complete the application form.
- In order to reach the smallest businesses, Small Business Administration (SBA) will offer Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans to businesses with fewer than 20 employees and sole proprietors only from Wednesday, February 24 through Wednesday, March 10, 2021. President Biden has also announced additional program changes to make access to PPP loans more equitable. |
- The 2021 Northfield Home & Garden Show is scheduled for Saturday, May 15 at the Dundas Dome. To allow for safe distancing, we are holding the event at the Dundas Dome and working closely with public health officials to assure a safe event for all of us. Register online HERE
- Downtown Northfield businesses can apply for a Façade Improvement Grant from the Economic Development Authority (EDA) between February 1 and March 15. The Façade Improvement Grant Program is designed to encourage downtown building owners to reinvest in the exterior of their buildings to extend the life of those important structures. The Economic Development Authority will match private investment one-to-one up to $10,000.
- There are only a few spots left on the Northfield & Dundas Street Map, produced by By All Means Graphics. Each year the CVB distributes the maps to thousands of visitors, MN Tourism Centers, Mall of America and MSP Airport. Please email Stephanie Juno to reserve your space!
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Part 2: How to Create a Culture of Belonging Webinar – Tuesday March 9 at 11am. If you missed Part 1 of the series, no worries! You don’t need to have attended Part 1 to benefit from Part 2! The first webinar is available HERE. Register for Part 2 Here.
- The Mano Amiga Business Program: Improving Latin Owned Businesses One Workshop at a Time. This workshop program offers Latin owned businesses six weeks of instruction to take their companies to the next level. This virtual program will provide entrepreneurs with knowledge, skills and technical assistance to grow their businesses while understanding the new marketplace in a post-Covid-19 world. Register Here.