JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
Tremendous Growth Potential!
$19.00/hr entry level - can go higher depending on qualifications!
Shift: 10:00am - 6:30pm (after training for approximately 6 weeks on the 7:00am to 3:30pm shift)
Aurora Pharmaceutical, a growing veterinary pharmaceutical product development and manufacturing company headquartered in Northfield, MN, is seeking a safety-focused, reliable individual to join our team as a Production Technician. The ideal candidate for this position should possess exceptional attention to detail, thrive in a team environment, and have the ability to multitask. Knowledge or experience working in a GMP environment a plus, but not required.
This full-time position is eligible for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term disability, and can contribute to a 401(k) after applicable waiting periods. Full-time employees begin accruing vacation and sick time on day one!
Job Title: Production Technician
Supervisor: Production Supervisor
Position Purpose: Manufactures pharmaceutical products according to SOPs, GMP and batch record specifications. Performs the day to day activities of the production process including weighing, blending, filling and packaging products. Collaborates with other production staff and other departments.
(Essential job functions noted *
- Works all areas of production operation: weighing, blending, filling, packaging, cleaning*
- Accurately weighs product*
- Blends product according to batch record and SOP*
- Accurately fills and packages materials*
- Cleans equipment and rooms to specifications*
- Regularly inspects equipment for proper functioning*
- Meets productivity and production schedules and deadlines.*
- Troubleshoots process/production problems.*
- Assists with inventory duties such as receiving, product retrieval and shipping.
- Safely operates forklift*
- Complies with established standard operating procedures, cGMP quality standards and regulatory procedures*
- Accurately and consistently completes and documents batch records and other required paperwork*
- Precisely follows work orders and specifications*
- Adheres to all plant safety policies and procedures*
- Assists in set up, change over and test runs of equipment for various sized batches and various products
- Effectively communicates with other production employees and with all levels of management*
- Promotes a positive can-do attitude*
- Collaborates in cross functional teams*
- Consistently follows all company policies & procedures. *
- Performs other duties as requested
- Meets the following physical requirements:*
Sits, bends, stands, walks 90% of the time*
Repeatedly lifts or pushes a cart with 35-80 lbs*
Able to pass a respirator health test
Willing to wear required PPE
Qualifications - Education and Experience
- 1+ years experience in pharmaceutical or food manufacturing in compliance with 21CFR Part 211--Current Good Manufacturing Practice *
- Must be willing to work first or second shift and weekends if needed. *
- Flexible and open minded to suggestions from others; keen vision for continuous improvement